Pavilion project

Here can be pics and talk about large construction projects.
artc
Treasurer
Reactions:

Pavilion project

Post by artc »

Work got underway last week on the pavilion. We needed to reset all the utilities piping that moved over the winter, clean the debris and rocks from the trench, cut the external grade to allow installation of the concrete forms, set up temporary electric service, install the water pipe, and add gradable material on top of our very coarse back fill.

My new 'toy' a New Holland L228 skid steer, has been a big help already with moving material and prepping the site.

thanks to Peter Bezanson and Kahn Tractor for delivering it to the farm and bringing out a grapple bucket this week.
first bucket full last fall
first bucket full last fall

footing elevation complete last fall
footing elevation complete last fall

frost wall forms in place last fall
frost wall forms in place last fall

grading-1 May 12
grading-1 May 12

grading-2 May 12
grading-2 May 12
utilities trenching
utilities trenching

on site working on the project at various times, Dave, Art, Sean, and Alan.  and yes, we are practicing social distancing protocols.

artc
Treasurer
Reactions:

Re: Pavilion project

Post by artc »

Sunday was a decent day, so I thought I would back fill the power / comm. trench and fix the door to the construction building.

Bill Bill arrived and took over the trench back fill operation so i helped re-install the repaired grizzly on our screener.

then I moved on to completing the grading of the pavilion for concrete flat work. I like my new skid steer!

Next up: run our newly acquired vibrating roller unit and add material where needed.

Then: install concrete form work.

We need to arrange a little saw mill run to produce 200 running feet of 2 X 10 and get one side planed for concrete forms. This material will then become the floor joists for the new well house (just like they did way back, reuse the material).

acprimus
Member QVEA
Reactions:
Name: Austin Primus

Post by acprimus »

artc wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:01 pm
Next up: run our newly acquired vibrating roller unit and add material where needed.

I assume that's the yellow trench roller behind the tractor barn? Looks like a nice unit. Bet it'll do a better job than my little walk behind!

Dave C
Site Admin
Reactions:
Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

acprimus wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:07 am
artc wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:01 pm

I assume that's the yellow trench roller behind the tractor barn? Looks like a nice unit. Bet it'll do a better job than my little walk behind!
Yea he picked it up last week.... dont know the details

artc
Treasurer
Reactions:

Post by artc »

I'll be out Saturday and Sunday working on the pavilion. Supposed to be good weather. could use a hand finish grading, roller work, form boards (if we have them planed) and final under slab electrical.

Sean was running the roller 1st pass when I left last week, I don't know how far he got. 

artc
Treasurer
Reactions:

Post by artc »

Gerry G helped me doing most of the final raking / grading and installing the form boards last weekend.
Dave C. set the last of the under slab piping.

Sunday I ran Sean's plate compactor over the project one last time and completed attaching the form boards to the concrete.

Ready for concrete - hopefully this week!
pavillion - ready for concrete.jpg
pavillion ready for concrete 2.jpg

artc
Treasurer
Reactions:

Post by artc »

concrete today!
concrete pour 5-20-2020.jpg

artc
Treasurer
Reactions:

Post by artc »

Ready to put the frame up this weekend. Need help with the posts and need the crane to install the beams. Crane probably in the afternoon Sat or early Sunday morning. All the parts have been fabricated. Need the cheery picker and the lift. I'll bring the drop deck trailer for the lift. 

Need help

artc
Treasurer
Reactions:

Post by artc »

I won’t be quite ready to fly trusses this weekend as I still need to frame the kitchen, square up the frame, install the knee braces and setup staging.

Some assistance on Saturday later or Sunday to install plywood on the kitchen and set up staging would be helpful.

Plan on trusses for Friday, Sat, Sunday July 4th weekend. Will need 4 or 5 hands with 3 in the air. Andy, when are you available? Reply to all.

I'll need the crane, Conner. we can rig it with just the nylon straps to give you hoist room. might need some assistance getting the pick hook back down though!

frame going up.jpg
[/font]

artc
Treasurer
Reactions:

Post by artc »

With some help here and there when I needed it, the project is ready for trusses!. The weather looks poor for next weekend, but it's early yet.

Spent Sunday morning 'remodeling' the windows. the two front serving windows need to be 32" vertical RO to allow for an unobstructed counter to pass food to customers, so at only 3' high it left tall people stooping to see in the kitchen to order. or they could get on their knees, I suppose!
So I changed the windows from 3' x 5' to 4' x 5'.

The sink unit we have is 42" tall at the backsplash, so I raised that window to accommodate it. We probably will not use it as it's huge, anyway.

The last window was raised to match the sink window. Done!
ready for trusses!.jpg