COVID

Here we can talk about anything we want!
Marc bezanson
Director
Reactions:

COVID

Post by Marc bezanson »

I just figured I’d start a conversation on here. I know there are many view points on this topic. I do not fear COVID personally. I worry about my son and mother getting it and not having access to them in a hospital... I have worked (more) right through this, Myles stays with both grandmothers and I’ve been to the farm every weekend. In other words my life is and has been completely unaffected. Other than work keeping me from working on my tractor projects.

Reality is... so many other organizations have canceled. Just this week Locally belltown car show was and bigger canandaigua ny , an August show just did... also the local fairs. They’ve been around for close to or more than 100yrs and they have canceled. Lastly our relationship with the town, anyone can see how tough they have been and we are just making positive progress with them. Having the show would possibly cast a negative perspective and it isn’t worth the risk. I can’t don’t want to cause a problem [font="Lucida Grande", "Trebuchet MS", Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]after all that we much have worked through in the past with the society and game problems...[/font]

For these reasons I’ll be voting against the July show on Tuesday night 

Thanks marc b

JMotuzick
Reactions:
Name: Joe M

Re: COVID

Post by JMotuzick »

I just wanted to repsond with my experience with covid. 

I had worked though April 15th, the job I was On was winding down, I took that Thursday and Friday off from work. Firday I was in the yard working and kept getting colder. It was in the 50’s and I was wearing a winter coat and hat. I went in for dinner and was in bed by 7, my feaver was about 103. I didn’t leave the master bed room till Sunday, my wife brought soup and walked the dogs, dispite her rising feaver. By Sunday I forced myself to the couch and a quick pee brake for the dogs. I never left the back deck. Most of the next 7 days where the same. By the end of the week I was able to get the mailbox walk the dogs once each as did Colleen. My big outing also took me to the chicken coop for fresh eggs and refilled food/water. 10 days in I was outside doing things again. About 2 hours at a time and then back to the couch. The 27th Colleen wanted a trip to the ER as she was having chest pain. This is when we became “confirmed “. By the end of that week I Felt back to normal. Looking back i had a caugh this lasted about 3 weeks more. On 5-11 with  approval of my doctor I return to work. That Friday the 17th my safety director let me know that I should’ve been tested before returning to work.  It took me another month, to receive two negative tests. As of today’s typing I have worked a total of six days I returned last Friday the 19th.  I basically took eight weeks off most of it without pay, after all I was sick I had a job to return to. Very disrupted on my end through all this luckily my wife and myself have recovered with no known Lasting side effects. 

While I’m not a director, I would be against having the show mostly for the liability it would mean to the club. 

I would be at the show if we do have one! 

JMotuzick
Reactions:
Name: Joe M

Post by JMotuzick »

I should also add that I would not like this “cold” to be passed on  especially to our higher risk members in all age categories.

Frank Shaw
Member QVEA
Reactions:
Name: Frank Shaw

Post by Frank Shaw »

I am in Florida,therefore will be unable to attend the July show, my comments are not for or against the show. Many shows that have been cancelled have been for reasons other than the risk of exposure. Fair associations unable to host various shows due to the shutdown are left with no income from grounds rentals. It is difficult to advance expenses to put on a fair without knowing the length of the shutdown or expected attendance . Other shows have lost the use of the property, permission cancelled from the state of CT or fair associations. The risk of exposure is a real concern, and we would have to follow state and local guidelines. Many or most of us shop at grocery stores many stores exceed 20,000 customers per week, over 2800 Per day, following guidelines these are deemed safe with low risk of exposure.   In the end we have consider the risk to our members,on the grounds, and in the buildings
Thanks Frank

Marc bezanson
Director
Reactions:

Post by Marc bezanson »

Big e cancelled today :cry: